Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Casa Nueva

To all those that we love and miss so much,
It is funny how things work themselves out sometimes. I find that if I am patient enough, things always paint themselves into their own beautiful picture. I struggle to be my own artist, struggle with mixing the colors too much until they make a black glob of frustration. If only I let my life glide with patience, the colors mix together so nicely. I wonder though if it is this way for everybody. What about the poor people that sleep in the streets, or the women who have ten children and stay with their husbands that they know are cheating on them just for the income from the farms? Does life work itself out nicely for them? Do they feel blessed and why is it that I am so lucky? The love of my life offers me the best advice. He tells me to appreciate all that I have and share my happiness with others. He tells me not to think so much, not to try so hard to stretch every detail out of life`s workings and just let it glide and paint itself.

Without windows, our house was gloomy and my thoughts were gloomy and I was feeling more homesick than ever. We met with Profesora Keta who travels everyday from Tegucigalpa to work in the highschool yesterday morning to inquire about her house that is vacant. She said that we were welcome to rent it for 900 lempiras per month. Steve, my patient cool cucumber husband, said we would wait until Friday to move in slowely and peacefully. But God knows my patience level. Let me just tell you that I borrowed a truck and we moved in by ten 0`clock last night. We were out in our dust bowl of a yard hunting for my bunny, Galleta and our hen and rooster at ten 0`clock last night to move them. It is always a funny sight to watch Steve chase the rooster and the hen and watch all three of them flock around the yard. This morning our whole family woke up happy to the sunlight shining through the windows (when I say our whole family I mean our four children too). Our four dumb children are a big boy bunny named Galleta (Cookie in Spanish), a little girl bunny named Rosita (Rose in Spanish), a big fat hen named Bell (Short for beautiful in Spanish), and a loud white rooster named Ogi (short for proud in Spanish).
After fresh oranges and oatmeal for breakfast on our tabletop stove, we walked the now short five minute walk to the highschool. I met with the Spanish teacher and talked to his class about starting a Moroceli newspaper where the students would write the articles in pairs and we would work together to print it out on the computer. The Profesor Jorge gave me a list of his best twelve students. I read the names on the list and told the students that if anybody else was interested they could add themselves to it. I told them that I wanted only people that were willing to work hard and no HARAGONES!!! I now have a list of seventeen students who want to work on writing a newspaper together. I told them we would have our first meeting on Monday at 8:20 a.m. I was brainstorming fun ideas to get them started on the newspaper and I think I have my plan all set for Monday. I am going to have them divide in groups of four or five people and come up with a list of three possible titles for our newspaper per group and then we will vote on the newspaper name. Next, I will have the small groups brainstorm ideas for articles or fun things we can include in a newspaper and we will put all the ideas on a whiteboard. We will then give one article assignment per pair of students. I hope all this works out. I have lots of ideas. It is only a matter of personal confidence and organization strenghts that I need to spin them into reality.
I wish you all the most of every moment. We send you lots of amor, abrazos, y besos, Teresa y Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home