Monday, April 04, 2005

Rabbit stew anyone?!

So you all know about our four children right? We are just one big happy family in our lil house. Well, not quite. We`ve had a rooster, hen, a big boy bunny, and a baby girl bunny. Our original idea was to let the baby girl grow and then let her have a romantic night with the big boy bunny and then we would have baby bunnies! Well our baby girl bunny grew too fast and too much--it appears as though she has grown balls and a pee pee and she is not really a she as we thought. I am just kidding about the stew by the way and still love my baby bunny--just a little disappointed that we arent going to have any little baby bunnies.
Besides our bunny growing balls, our work projects are going fine. Today, we spent the day in the highschool. About a week ago, I met with the Spanish teacher and told him about my idea to start a newspaper in Moroceli. So he gave me a list of his best students and today we had our first meeting! I am always a bit nervous starting new projects as I never really know what I am getting into. The seventeen highschool students entered the classroom dressed nicely in their uniforms and I began with an ice breaker activity. I had each person write down two truths and a lie about themselves. For example, I wrote the following: My favorite color is green, I can play the piano, and I have traveled to Italy. The students need to guess which one is the lie. (For me of course my favorite color is not green!) So with this activity we became aquainted with one another. For our second activtity I had everyone divide in groups of three or four and think of two possible titles for the newspaper. When each group had two titles in mind they came to write them on the board and afterwards we voted on the titles and came up with one final title for our newspaper. The title of our newspaper in Moroceli is........ Lo mejor de mi Tierra (which translates to The Best of My Land) I think it is a pretty creative name and I am proud that at least we took a first step and have a title and a group of enthusiastic writers ready!
One of my other project goals was to teach some of the highschool students English to teach to the elementary students in Moroceli. So for the past week, I told several highschool students and every teacher I could find about a free English class every Sunday night at seven. And this Sunday, I had nine people show up! I taught them several animal names in English and various games to play with children such as acting out the animals and goofy animal songs that I made up. Our first time to teach in schools is next Wednesday and I will be sure to share with you the experiences as they unfold the quilt of my life!
I hope your quilts are unfolding beautifully! I miss you all so so so much and I send you all my love! Teresa and Steve too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home