Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Best Christmas Gift!

At one a.m. Super late tonight or really early tomorrow morning, which ever way you look at it, I will receive the best Christmas gift ever! I will land in the airport in Chicago and see my family. I will be on my own doorstep of my real home (home is where the family is).
We are currently in the Peace Corps office in the capital of Tegucigalpa and we are about to head to the airport in just a half an hour. The plane will take off from the airport here at five p.m. We have two transfers: one in San Salvador and another in Guatemala City before we finally arrive in Chicago. I am worried about all the traveling, transfers, luggage confusion. The only thing I really want for christmas is a hug from each of the ones I love. To you all, I see you in less than 24 hours. It feels like a dream. But, my dream will soon come true and after being away for one year and five months I will see you once again. You could never imagine how excited I am. I will stop writing for now and leave it at that. I am just so excited, anxious, and everything all at once that I cant even express my thoughts! I suppose it is best to close and express them in action when I arrive--- with big strong bunny hugs! All our love-- Teresa and Steve

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sam said...

How was your trip home? Are you heading back to Honduras soon? I grew up there, so when I came across your blog, it was interesting to read. Happy New Year. Sam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home