Thursday, July 07, 2005

I miss my little sister!

It is currently ten twenty-four a.m. We left our little red and yellow house and our little bunny at five thirty this morning to hop on the yellow school bus that serves as public transportation to the capital of Tegucigalpa. In less than two hours, I will be hugging my little sister! (Actually she is Steve's little sister, but I have adopted her as my own a long time ago). One of the many bonuses of marrying Steve was that he came with two little sisters that I love! (Laura, I miss you too and I think of you often). Its funny the way things here become normal and routine to me. We have our weekly routine that I have written about before--visiting the different schools in the outlying small towns, teaching reading in Spanish and English to the more advanced kids. I remember when I arrived in Honduras a year ago in August how strange I felt to see a herd of cows marching down the street. Now it is part of the NORMAL scenery that passes by our house. It is always exciting to have visiters to bring about new perspectives. I would make this a longer entry, especially since I owe you all a more detailed one, but I'm headed out to the curb to catch a cab to the airport. I hope my thoughts find you all light at heart enjoying this very moment. I think of you all so often and miss you all so very much. **Sarah, if you ever read this--- I want you to know that your visit means so so so much to both of us and we are so excited to have you come. To Laura, Christiane and Didier-- you all make our peacecorps service possible. Without your visits, I am sure I would have given up a long time ago for missing you all. Your visits keep us connected. Thank you all so so so very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home